United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme Application
The four-week e-Learning course for the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme is implemented on the e-learning platform of UNITAR. The course consists of 4 distinct modules, each of which can be completed at your own pace and calls for 4-6 hours of study per week.
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Module 4: Cosmopolitan Communication
The course includes weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as discussion boards exchanging views with fellow participants and UNITAR instructors. In addition, the Young Leaders Online Training Programme will be complemented by several 1.5 hour live-webinars. These will be delivered through the platform zoom by UN experts and comprise the following topics:
- Webinar A – The United Nations System
- Webinar B – The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Webinar C – Model United Nations (MUN) Training
- Webinar D – UN Career Development
In addition to the above live-webinars, there will be one 3.5-hour e-workshop per week. These will focus on Leadership as well as on getting to know Geneva’s multilateral environment through virtual guided tours through the UN Palais des Nations as well as the diplomatic district of Geneva.
- The Young Leaders Training Programme is open to all actors related to international affairs wishing to take on leadership roles in their respective environment and to build up knowledge and skills related to the UN and International Geneva.
- Participants can include university students, high school students and other aspiring young leaders of similar background. Junior professionals from public and private sector and senior officials who are young at heart are equally welcome to apply.
- In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 30 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive an official UNITAR certificate of completion.
UNITAR will be responsible for the overall design, coordination and implementation of the Young Leaders Training Programme. It will liaise with participants on a regular basis prior to the activity’s implementation in order to ensure a smooth and flawless organization for everyone involved.
The participants are responsible to ensure they are in possession of the basic necessary hardware, software and connectivity to engage in online training activities.
United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme Application Procedure:
In order to register, kindly visit one of the following links. You will be asked to create your own profile on the UNITAR website and will then be guided through the process. Feel free to contact the organizer in case of any questions.
UNITAR warmly welcomes your participation in the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme and looks forward to welcoming you virtually to International Geneva this summer and winter next year!
Online Programme (three editions available):
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme