The 2022 Elsevier Foundation Chemistry For Climate Action Challenge – After 5 successful editions of the Elsevier Foundation Green & Sustainable Chemistry Challenge, and thousands of proposals from around the world, Elsevier Foundation is proud to re-launch as the Chemistry for Climate Action Challenge.
With a new focus on Climate Action, the Challenge also supports SDG5, Gender Equality, recognizing the pivotal role that women play in combating climate change. Projects submitted to the Challenge must integrate a gender dimension (such as addressing the role of women in adapting to climate shifts and participating in policy-making and leadership roles) into their projects.
The Elsevier Foundation Chemistry for Climate Action Challenge is jointly run by the Elsevier Foundation and Elsevier’s chemistry journals team.
- The Challenge is open to individuals and organizations whose projects use green and sustainable chemistry solutions to tackle some of the developing world’s greatest sustainability challenges.
- The Elsevier Foundation Chemistry for Climate Action Challenge awards 2 prizes of €25,000 each.
The Challenge award projects that use green and sustainable chemistry solutions to tackle some of the developing world’s greatest sustainability challenges – encouraging researchers to come up with new solutions. The prizes will be awarded during a special event in October 2022.
The Elsevier Foundation Chemistry for Climate Action Challenge is articulated in the following phases.
• Submission phase: this is the general submission period. Proposals can be submitted from March 14th to July 14.
• Reviewing phase: out of all submitted proposals, the Top tier eligible proposals will be selected by a panel of reviewers and will be advanced to the judging phase.
• Judging phase: the scientific jury will evaluate the proposals and identify the finalists.
The Top 5 finalists will be selected to compete for the two prizes and will be invited to present their proposal at a special event in October 2022.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2022
For More Information: