Government Of Ireland Fully-funded International Education Scholarships 2023
Interested applicants are invited to apply for Government Of Ireland Fully-funded International Education Scholarships 2023. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The aim of the 2023 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs).
Scholarships are branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education, research and innovation. It is expected that for every scholarship awardee, awareness of Ireland among many more potential students as a location of excellence in international will rise.
Benefits for students: Scholarships must be regarded as highly desirable and value adding to individuals’ subsequent lives and careers. In view of this, the GOI-IES will be awarded:
- to high calibre higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries.
- to students studying in Ireland for a period of one year.
Benefits for Higher Education sector: GOI-IES reflects Ireland’s commitment to excellence in the provision of higher education for both domestic and international students. It will:
- highlight Ireland’s strengths as a centre of international education and align with institutional strategies for education, research and innovation;
- promote links with target markets globally;
- strengthen the internationalisation strategies of HEIs especially in the context of the system performance framework.
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study;
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution.
- Open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
- Have a domiciliary of origin outside of the EU/EEA/Switzerland or United Kingdom
- Have received an offer of a place in a full-time course at an eligible Irish higher education institution for either:
- One year of a taught masters degree programme
- One year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme)
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A record of outstanding academic achievement;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extra curriculum activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics either local, national or international; arts; sports;
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
How To Apply
The deadline for the submission of applications is at 5pm (Irish Time) on March 24, 2023.
For More Latest Update Please Join/ Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linked In, Twitter & Join our WhatsApp Group for details, Tips and Answers to your Questions on this Post and other FG programmes, Policies, Jobs, Grants and Loans & To WIN AWUF PRIZES