FMYSD/BOI 60-Day App Development Challenge 2023 For Nigerians
Interested applicants are invited to apply for FMYSD/BOI 60-Day App Development Challenge 2023 For Nigerians. The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development in partnership with the Bank of Industry invites Nigerian youth to participate in the 2nd National Sixty-Day App Development Challenge.
The Sixty-Day App challenge is aimed at engaging young Nigerians in designing a mobile application to improve a range of processes and increase the level of accessibility to services available to the citizenry.
The initiative which is open to applicants between age 18-35 according to the National Youth Policy is aimed at improving innovation and creativity among the Nigerian Youth by encouraging them to develop their own app ideas and turn them into a reality by using them to solve problems within one of the shortlisted sectors listed below:
The Agric-tech sector covers technologies related to agriculture, such as precision farming, crop monitoring, and irrigation systems. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps farmers optimize their crop yields, identify pests and diseases early, or streamline their irrigation systems.
The Edu-tech sector covers technologies related to education, such as online learning platforms, virtual classrooms, and educational games. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps students learn more effectively, provides access to high-quality education for underserved communities, or gamifies the learning process.
The Health sector covers technologies related to healthcare, such as telemedicine, fitness tracking and disease management. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps people manage their health more effectively, provides access to healthcare for underserved communities, or tracks healthy behaviour.
The Sports sector covers technologies related to sports, such as fitness tracking, performance analysis, and sports media. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps athletes optimize their performance, provides access to sports content for underserved communities, or streamlines the process of managing a sports team.
The Telecommunications sector covers technologies related to telecommunications, such as mobile networks, internet service providers, and communication tools. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps people stay connected more easily, provides access to communication tools for underserved communities, or streamlines the process of managing a telecom network.
- 10 Grand Prizes N1 million each
- Business Development Training
- 50 FMYSD Participation Certificates
Eligibility (Who Can Participate):
Young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35.
The Modalities for participation are as follows;
- Participants must be a Youth between the ages of 18 and 35.
- In the case of a private entity, shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in Nigeria, and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of Nigeria.
- Prove that the work is not in breach of plagiarism rules.
- Documentation for code/compiler/semantics definitions and database.
- Secure. No hidden bugs
- No existing legal agreement on patent with any person(s)/group/company / or otherwise and if any should be clearly stated and the conditions therein.
- Must have registered to participate in the Challenge under the rules promulgated by the FMYSD.
- Must have complied with all the stated requirements of the 60-day App Challenge.
- May not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment.
- Shall not be an FMYSD employee working on their applications or submissions during assigned duty hours.
- Federal grantees may not use Federal funds to develop 60 Day App challenge APPS.
- Federal contractors may not use Federal funds from a contract to develop 60 Day App challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a 60 Day App challenge Submission.
- A product may be disqualified if it fails to function as expressed in the description provided by the Participant, or if it provides inaccurate or incomplete information.
- If applicable, the proposed application must be FMYSD compliant to be eligible.
- All individual members of a team must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Shall not be currently under contract with FMYSD to perform work related to APP development.
- Physically and Mentally fit, in the case of any disability if it exists is Not a challenge or health risks and excludes the Ministry or its representative(s) from legal actions whatsoever.
- Patents agreements signed with the FMYSD and its reps.
- Participant is the sole author, creator, and owner of the Submission;
- The Submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim;
- The Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party; and
- The Submission, and Participants’ use of the Submission, does not and will not violate any applicable laws or regulations, including, without limitation, applicable export control laws and regulations of Nigeria and other jurisdictions.
Application Closing Date
Launch & Completion Dates The Challenge commenced on Monday the 9th of January 2023. Entry Submissions close on the 10th of March 2023.
How To Apply
Interested applicant should apply via https://appchallenge.ng
For More Latest Update Please Join/ Follow Us On Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linked In, Twitter & Join our WhatsApp Group for details, Tips and Answers to your Questions on this Post and other FG programmes, Policies, Jobs, Grants and Loans & To WIN AWUF PRIZES