Head coach Thomas Tuchel has suggested that he remains optimistic that Chelsea’s takeover will be completed within the coming weeks.
The sale process of the West Londoners has taken a number of twists over the past seven days, the first being a consortium headed by Todd Boehly being selected as the preferred bidder.
However, there have been conflicting reports over potential price increases and loans needing to be repaid, issues which were officially denied by Chelsea on Thursday.
While Tuchel has acknowledged that he is eager to work in a normal environment as soon as possible, he has indicated that he has only received positive feedback behind the scenes.
Speaking to reporters at a press conference, Tuchel said: “I was told last week that we have a preferred bidder and things are going forward. It’s now a pretty important week for the club but I was not involved, I was fully focused on the pitch. After what I heard last week, I’m confident.”
The German added: ‘We try to make it the smallest issue possible but of course it is always there. We would prefer to have it in a clear and forward-thinking situation and this is what we are looking for and hoping for. That we know what we deal with, know what the circumstances are, and so we can act, not react, and even worse, do nothing.”
As it stands, Chelsea are unable to buy, sell or renegotiate player contracts, and a takeover must be finalised by May 31 to fulfil the criteria of their special government licence.